Did you know that 4-H is not just for farm kids?
That's right! 4-H has so much to offer that it would be impossible to list everything here. Curious? Check out the project list & see if 4-H has something for you!
4-H is open to all youth when they reach the age seven as of January 1st of the current 4-H year. For youth ages five and six there is a Cloverbuds' program. You can join 4-H at any time; however, the program year starts October 1.
Want to Join 4-H? Here are some easy steps.
1. Visit Greenwood County 4-H Clubs. 4-H clubs generally meet monthly, we have six you may visit.
2. Enroll on 4-H online. Follow the directions from the brochure. Enrolling on line is the only way to enroll. If you have questions or problems call or come by the Extension office and we will be happy to help you through the process.
3. Select a project or projects. Project selection may be difficult for a new 4-H member. The following suggestion may be helpful.
- Choose a project based on your personal interest and capabilities.
- The project is within your age and time needed to work on and complete the project.
- The cost of a project
- Where will you work on the project.
- Are project leaders and parent available to help support you with your project choice.
Projects are selected at the time of enrollment. 4-H members must be enrolled in the appropriate projects by May 1st to be eligible to exhibit the project at the county fair.